ELECTION & SELECTION PROCESS
- Go to Leadership Nomination Form
- Complete form for all offices you are interested in running for
- Participant may run for up to 3 offices at each Caucus
- Participants may run for Governor's Candidate and other offices
- Governor's Candidates may not be Speaker or President
- For 2022 we will allow a participant not in attendence to run for office.
ELECTION PROCESS AT TRAINING SESSION
- Director will introduce the office and describe role and requirements
- Director will ask for nominations and ask each delegation if they have any nominations.
- Director will introduce Nominee to step to the computer to give a speech, continue through all the nominees
- After all, nominees have spoken, Director will call for the vote
- Director will open the poll, and give everyone time to vote
- Director will announce the winner and we will move to the next election.
- Winners of offices will be asked to download from website information about their roles.
TO BECOME A CANDIDATE FOR YOUTH GOVERNOR
Those wishing to be a candidate will be nominated at each of the 3 caucus sessions, to be nominated you must:
a) Be nominated by someone from your delegation
b) Be Seconded by a member of another delegation
c) Each candidate will speak and the candidate with most votes is the winner.
Candidates cannot be elected to be a Presiding Officers
Candidates for Youth Governor must complete the
YOUTH GOVERNOR'S CANDIDATE INFORMATION SHEET
TO BE A MEMBER OF THE GOVERNOR'S CABINET
Governor Brozman will select his Cabinet Members:
If you are interested in being in the Cabinet you must complete the following
CABINET MEMBER APPLICATION
ELECTION OF SENATE & HOUSE COMMITTEE CHAIRS
- Senate Chairs will be elected first, Senate Chairs must have participated in the program before.
- Nominations will be taken from the floor
- Each Candidate will speak. We will hold the election at each delegation site, and text results
- We will announce the winner and go to the next
- House Chairs will be elected after the Senate Chairs, using the same process.
THE SENATE SEATS
There will be 4 Senate Chairs elected at Caucus Sessions
The remaining seats in the Senate will be distributed in the following manner
- Each delegation of 3 or more registered prior to Registration Deadline will get 1 Senate seat.
- The remaining Senate Seats will be distributed to the delegations 1 each to the largest delegations in descending order until all seats are filled.
LOBBYIST POSITIONS NO LOBBYIST FOR 2022 Spring
If you would like to be a lobbyist you must:
- Complete the LOBBYIST APPLICATION
- The lobbyist will work in pairs so to be a lobbyist you must submit an application with another delegate.
- We will select the 12 Lobbyists from those who apply. They will be announced prior to the 1st Caucus Session
- If we don't get 12 online applications we will
- Elect the remaining positions at each training session