ELECTED AT CAUCUS SESSIONS
- You must be present to run for an office at Caucus Session
- You must be nominated by a member of your delegation
- You must be prepared to speak about your qualifications for this position
- You must submit at least 1 bill to be elected to an office
- You must be a Junior or Senior to run for any office with **
|CAUCUS SESSION A
||CAUCUS SESSION B
||CAUCUS SESSION C
|2021 Youth Governor Candidates
||2021 Youth Governor Candidates
||2021 Youth Governor Candidates
|Director of Legislation **
||Speaker of the House**
||President of the Senate**
|Ass't Secretary of Senate
||Secretary of Senate
||Clerk of the House
|Journal Clerk of House
|| Senate and House Chairs Appropriations and Finance
||Senate** and House Chairs Criminal Justice and Public Safety
|Senate** and House Chairs Natural Resources
||Senate** and House Chairs Education
Senate and House Chairs State and Local Government
|Senate** and House Chairs Transportation
||Senate** and House Chairs Business and Labor
||Senate** and House Chairs Health & Human Services
|Sgt At Arms of House and Sgt at Arms of Senate
||Video/Photographer Media Member
** Must be a Junior or Senior or have 1-year experience in the program to run for office.
TO BECOME A CANDIDATE FOR YOUTH GOVERNOR
Those wishing to be a candidate will be nominated at each of the 3 caucus sessions, to be nominated you must:
a) Be nominated by someone from your delegation
b) Be Seconded by a member of another delegation
c) Each candidate will speak and the candidate with most votes is the winner.
Candidates cannot be elected to be a Presiding Officers
Candidates for Youth Governor must complete the YOUTH GOVERNOR'S CANDIDATE INFORMATION SHEET
ELECTION OF SENATE & HOUSE COMMITTEE CHAIRS
- Senate Chairs will be elected first, Senate Chairs must have participated in the program before.
- Nominations will be taken from the floor
- Each Candidate will speak. We will hold the election at each delegation site, and text results
- We will announce the winner and go to the next
- House Chairs will be elected after the Senate Chairs, using the same process.
SELECTED AT YOUTH GOVERNOR
TO BE A MEMBER OF THE GOVERNOR'S CABINET
Governor Brozman will select his Cabinet Members:
If you are interested in being in the Cabinet you must complete the following
CABINET MEMBER APPLICATION
Only 3 members of Cabinet may be from the same delegation
If Governor is unable to fill all 10 members of his/her cabinet final spots will be elected at Caucus C
SELECTED BY APPLICATION
- To be considered for these positions you must complete the online registration
- If we are unable to fill all positions we will elect remaining spots at Caucus C
If you would like to be a lobbyist you must:
- Complete the LOBBYIST APPLICATION
- To apply you must complete the application and draft a minimum of 1 bill.
- We will select the 12 Lobbyists from those who apply. They will be announced prior to the 1st Caucus Session
- If possible we will have only 2 lobbyists for the same school
- Delegates interested in being Chaplain must complete the CHAPLAIN APPLICATION online.
- The Chaplain will be a member of the Senate and will make a presentation in both the House and Senate on Sunday morning
- Will offer an opening thought on Friday at the Opening Ceremony
SELECTED BY DELEGATION
THE SENATE SEATS
There will be 8 Senate Chairs elected at Caucus Sessions
There will be a Chaplain of the Senate, and Sgt at Arms of the Senate elected
The remaining seats in the Senate will be distributed in the following manner
- Each delegation of 3 or more registered prior to Registration Deadline will get 1 Senate seat.
- The remaining Senate Seats will be distributed to the delegations 1 each to the largest delegations in descending order until all seats are filled.
- Delegations must be prepared at Caucus C to name their Delegation Senators, you will be alerted if you are receiving more than 1 at large Senate Seat.