Maine Youth in Government is a program that allows any High School student in Maine to participate in a program that allows a them hands on experience in how Maine's Legislative process works. There is no other program that gives students this type of opportunity
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
REGISTRATION FOR MAINE YOUTH AND GOVERNMENT 2017
IS NOW OPEN CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
DATES FOR THE 2017 PROGRAM
NOVEMBER 10-11-12, 2017
MAKE YOUR PLANS NOW
Time Line for the 2017 Program
- AUGUST 15TH Registration online opens
- SEPTEMBER 1ST Bill Submission Opens
- OCTOBER 10TH Caucus Session A
- OCTOBER 12TH Room Block Information Due
- OCTOBER 19TH Caucus Session B
- OCTOBER 25TH Caucus Session C
- OCTOBER 28TH Hotel Room Assignments Due
- OCTOBER 28th Bill Submission Deadline
- NOVEMBER 9TH Leadership Training Event
- NOVEMBER 10-11-12 2017 Youth in Government Weekend
If you would like to be a part of Youth Governor Carlow's Cabinet and serve in this leadership position. Click here to apply to be selected to for the Governor's Cabinet.
Application for Youth Governor's Cabinet
PARLIMENTARY PROCEDURE AT A GLANCE VIDEO
CLICK HERE FOR RESULTS OF BILLS FOR 2016
What I learned at Youth in Government 2016.......
- It got me out of my shell, and made me more confident
- Speaking up isn't that hard, and that by doing things that involve a lot of people you make new friends easily
- The process of writing a bill, testifying for or against bills and all that a bill goes through to get passed or killed,and that Youth in Government is the coolest program ever.
- That this a the most powerful way for young people to make change.
- To respect others views even if I disagree
- It is possible for us to move forward with strong leadership for the future. Although I was depressed on Wednesday I have been lifted up.
- Our Government is a lot more complicated than I thought.
- I have the confidence to speak up about what I believe in
- I am really interested in politics
- It is a friendly environment, I liked that there was no pressure to speak.
- To stand up for change you want to see in your State or local gov't, no matter your age.
YIG in ME 2016 Video