Maine Youth in Government is a program that allows any High School student in Maine to participate in a program that allows a them hands on experience in how Maine's Legislative process works. There is no other program that gives students this type of opportunity
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
CLICK HERE FOR RESULTS OF BILLS FOR 2016
What I learned at Youth in Government 2016.......
- It got me out of my shell, and made me more confident
- Speaking up isn't that hard, and that by doing things that involve a lot of people you make new friends easily
- The process of writing a bill, testifying for or against bills and all that a bill goes through to get passed or killed,and that Youth in Government is the coolest program ever.
- That this a the most powerful way for young people to make change.
- To respect others views even if I disagree
- It is possible for us to move forward with strong leadership for the future. Although I was depressed on Wednesday I have been lifted up.
- Our Government is a lot more complicated than I thought.
- I have the confidence to speak up about what I believe in
- I am really interested in politics
- It is a friendly environment, I liked that there was no pressure to speak.
- To stand up for change you want to see in your State or local gov't, no matter your age.
YIG in ME 2016 Video
YOUTH GOVERNOR GRADY AT YOUTH
4 Maine Youth Governor's all from Kennebunk, Jay did go to Chevrus HS.
Jay Gobeil, Patrick Grady, Will Caddigan, and Ben Goodman