JOURNAL SECRETARY OF SENATE
Description of Role
- Their role is to assist the Clerk and Secretary in keeping official records of all actions that take place in the body.
- Be familiar with the House and Senate leadership scripts
- Fill in for the Secretary or Clerk if they need to step away.
- Record all motions on the Floor Keep the Bill Calendar for members of the Senate.
- Carry bills to the Secretary of State for recording after the Senate has completed action.
- Assist in counting on vote
- Assist Secretary in anything they need, replacing them if they need to leave the Chamber.
Attend the Leadership Session:
DOES NOT ATTEND LEADERSHIP TRAINING
Scripts or additional Information:
Click here for Journal Secretary Scripts
Please rehearse and become familiar with those parts for the Clerk and Secretary.
This way you can fill in for the Clerk and Secretary during the weekend.