SERGEANT AT ARMS
Description of Role
- The Sergeant at Arms is responsible for the conduct of the members of the House.
- They work with the Speaker of the House to insure all members follow all House rules.
- Will be seated in the back of the House and will be responsible for going to get members to meet with Members of the Governor’s Cabinet or other Senate Members.
- This person will be responsible for escorting any dignitaries into the Chambers.
- They will be a member of the House and be assigned to be a member of a committee.
- Escorting dignitaries to and from the Chamber, and to Joint Sessions
- Enforcing rules regarding, dress code, debate, and all other rules.
- Make sure that no food or drink are in the Chamber
- Assist those wishing to meet with members outside of the Chamber
- Be a full member of the House
Attend the Leadership Session:
DOES NOT ATTEND LEADERSHIP TRAINING
Scripts or additional Information:
THERE ARE NO SCRIPTS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION