JOURNAL CLERK OF HOUSE
Description of Role
- Their role is to assist the Clerk keeping official records of all actions that take place in the body.
- Be familiar with the House leadership scripts
- Fill in for the Clerk if they need to step away.
- Record all motions on the Floor
- Keep the Bill Calendar for members of the House
- Carry bills to the Secretary of State for recording after the House has completed action.
- Assist in counting on vote
- Assist Clerk in anything they need, replacing them if they need to leave the Chamber.
Attend the Leadership Session:
DOES NOT ATTEND LEADERSHIP TRAINING
Scripts or additional Information:
Click here for Scripts for the Journal Clerk
Please rehearse and become familiar with those parts for the Clerk and Secretary.
This way you can fill in for the Clerk and Secretary during the weekend.