CLERK OF HOUSE
Description of Role
- The Clerk are the recorders of all events in the House.
- The Clerk will receive training into the mechanics of recording debate, but must have a clear understanding of parliamentary procedure, and be able to speak comfortably in front of a group.
- The Clerk must be organized and be comfortable speaking in front of group.
- They will manage all the bills as they come and go from the House.
- They will work with the Governor’s Chief of Staff in keeping track of all the bills.
- Record all motions on the Floor of the House
- Read all bills and amendments as requested by the Speaker of the House.
- Be the designated representative of the House to go and request that dignitaries come and speak to the House or Joint Session.
Attend the Leadership Session:
MUST ATTEND LEADERSHIP SESSION, information about the session will be mailed to you prior to the event.
Scripts or additional Information:
Click here for Clerk's Scripts
Please rehearse and become familiar with those parts for the Clerk and Secretary.
We will do training on Thursday and Friday, but it is very important that you know your parts.