Running for Office
Description of Role
- The Youth Governor is the Chief Executive of the Program.
- He/She is the only officer elected 1 full year in advance, and serves as the student spokesperson for the program for their year as Governor.
- The will have attended the National Youth Governor’s Conference.
- They will develop a package of bills that they want to see pass, as well as ideas they would like to see defeated.
- They must develop this package working within the confines of the budget developed by the cabinet and YMCA Staff.
- Speak to organizations about the Youth in Government program
- Attend as many Training Sessions as possible to select Cabinet members
- Attend Leadership Training on Thursday afternoon and evening
- Contact the Governor of the State of Maine and ask if he/she can address our opening session.
- Host the Governor of the State of Maine, or other dignitaries whenever we are honored with their presence.
- Hold Friday evening press conference with newspaper staff
- Interview the candidates to be able to give a bit of back ground as you introduce them on Saturday.
- Deliver a closing address on Sunday’s Joint Session
Attend the Leadership Session:
MUST ATTEND LEADERSHIP SESSION, information about the session will be mailed to you prior to the event.
Scripts or additional Information:
THERE ARE NO SCRIPTS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION